Wednesday, December 3, 2008


I joined Habitat for Humanity as full-time volunteer in November 2008, and am assigned as Resource Development Manager. I work in the Kathmandu Habitat office and duties include grant writing. I have been able, with lots of help from local Habitat folks, to put together a number of proposals, brochures, and concept papers for HFHI-Nepal programs and projects. Have also initiated “HFHI-Nepal Resource Development Plan – 2009” which provides roadmap for RD efforts for the next year. Also working on some office support systems, e.g., funder contact management database, RD collaboration web site. At the end of November I attended the Asian Forum conference on Corporate Social Responsibility and got to meet several HFH folks from all over Asia. Tomorrow (December 4) I will travel to Morang district in eastern Nepal to get a first hand view HFHI-Nepal’s projects in the Kosi River flood disaster zone.


No comments: